Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Secret Spot...



Sydney... Sunny and hot one day, raining and cold the next... I am loving this weather at the moment, my hair; Not so much... On another note, my love for this city that never sleeps continues... In the past week, I've been exploring yet again. This time, I have found a secret spot, to which I now claim as 'My Spot'...

Picture this... It's a Monday night in May, the skys are clear and the wind is crisp... My friend and I sit on a bench and hear the water of sydney harbour splashing under the wooden dock below us... As we look out infront of us, the city of Sydney and its tall buildings fully light up the sky... To our right, the Sydney Harbour Bridge stands in full glory like something off a post card, with the distant sound of traffic and trains heading over it to get to the north shore... A quiet 5 star restaurant is the closest thing to chatter I hear, as we look to the left to see a deep red moon slowly rising beside the iconic Sydney Opera House...

The inner city of Sydney itself has 177,000 people living in it, and as I eat my Mc Donalds chicken ceaser wrap and watch the ferry to Manly float by, I take in the sights and sounds of this magnificant city and wonder where all the people are? I take a sip of my fanta and can't help but notice that this maybe the best view I've ever had for the price of a Maccas meal....

Sydney, a multicultural city of notorious stories, bad traffic, shopping and high end money earners... As I live day by day in this, the city of sin, I can truely say that beneath all of it's harsh exterior, I have fallen in love with this city and all of it's inner beauty... My only regret is that it's taken me so long to get here and appreciate every part that it has to offer... I'm off to discover more secret spots... Until next time....

'One Love, One Life....

No comments:

Post a Comment