Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Friday, May 7, 2010

Singledom Protocol




SOOOOO.. Heres another relationship meltdown blog for you all... Now, I can honestly say that I haven't had a 'relationship' for a very long time, due to the fact that I was stuck in a shitty town with limited good male options... *COUGH, Townsville COUGH*... I CHOSE To remain single BECAUSE I had high standards... Why settle with some drop kick who will cheat on you, have no goals, and want to get you pregnant just so you can fit in with the rest of so called 'society and it's ways'... HHMMMM No thanks...

I never really felt like I belonged in a small town like Townsville... I would say that 90% of my friends in the North had children or were having children and were tied up with some guy and settled down... Not to say that that is a bad thing, but me on the other hand, I was 24, single, making money and had no desire to settle down with just anyone just because it was the 'done thing'...

Then I moved to Sydney, where life is fast, money is vast and the men are hot and good to go... So it's got me posing this question... If you've met a guy/girl, you hang out a bit, you both seem to like each other, but at the sametime, you both haven't discussed the idea of a relationship, is it then okay for you to 'see' someone else if the offer comes along? Are there rules for what you can and can't do while your single? I mean, hey, last I checked, I don't have a ring on my finger and aren't officially in a relationship with anyone, so should I be allowed to see someone else if the offer did come up??

For too long, woman especially have been victim to the 'Maybe I'll hold off on this other guy who's interested in me, just to see what happens with him and I', and more often then not, let someone who is good for them slip by.... Well I say those days are over.. Those days of waiting for a guy to get his shit together, all the while he gets to see other people, are OVER!! Reality check... It's the 21st century and sorry to tell you fellas, but us women have worked out your game and we're gonna use it against you, whether you like it or not ...

Now that may all seem harsh, call me a woman so heartless, but at this current moment, I have had debates with several friends who themselves are going through this exact situation... All I am sayin is, until you have that 'conversation' with the opposite sex about 'what is going on with the both of you', then we as single people should be allowed to do whatever we want and 'see' whoever we want in the mean time... Agree or disagree?

Life is there for living... People hold back because they're scared of getting their heart broken... I myself have been guilty of doing this a few times.... With millions of people in the world, it would be silly not to keep your options open. Yer the love game is a risky one, but our hearts are meant to sing to the tune of more than one person, our hearts are fragile and will be broken at times, and shit when it gets broken it hurts like hell, but our hearts are also strong and will heal in time...

If there are rules for the single person, I have no doubt broken them over the years, but heres my outlook: We only live once, so If someone else comes along, take the chance.. Don't put your life on hold for that 'someone', because chances are, they aren't doing the same for you...

One Love, One Life....

No comments:

Post a Comment