Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Monday, July 5, 2010


I've always been pretty independant, a bit of a 'ride solo' kinda person. In fact, up until this year, I think I may have had a bit of a people phobia because I was so used to doing things myself, and enjoyed my own company...Basically being around people kinda freaked me out... I'm also not the type of person to rely on anyone when it comes to anything.. I usually think I can handle it myself, and usually can, until the last few months...

I just turned 25 this year and honestly believe I am a different person to what I was this time last year. Moving to the city helped, but being so far away from all of my creature comforts, I've developed a new mind set on what it is to live...

It's so true when they say life is a rollarcoaster... Some times the ride is good and that carefree feeling takes over you and you feel like life is going great. Then there are times when you feel like the ride operator is purposely speeding up the rollarcoaster, just to mess with you, and you need to get off ASAP...

The 'I wanna get off the ride of life' moments that I've experienced this year, have shown me that when you're down and out, only your true friends will come through for you... The ones that will waste their credit to call you, just to see how you are. The ones that will convince you that you are doing the right thing and to stay on track. The ones who fill your heart, mind and soul with such joy that you look at your self doubt and think, 'what the f**k was I thinking'?....

People who do such things are the ones that will be there for you when no one else will... In times when the people who you think are the realest, turn out to be the fakest, you will be forced to sort through the pretenders from the keepers....

I am blessed to have such good friends that no matter what I am going through, I know they will be there for me... It's these friends that I literally would do anything for.... We can always forget what someone says to us, but we will never forget how someone makes us feel... My group of hand picked friends are not of quantity, but of quality, and I deeply appreciate the lengths they go to to help guide me through the hard times I experience in life...


Riding solo and being independant is good until a certain point, but to accept a hand up, a piece of advice and some hard stern talking too from someone who cares about you in this big bad world, is what I have found makes a good friendship...

To those who let me winge, moan, bitch, listen to my self doubt, and STILL talk to me after all the ear bashing I do to you, just know that I am forever in your debt... I believe 'Loyalty' is one of my biggest qualities, and often my downfall, but without you all, I wouldnt be half the person I am today...

So buckle up and enjoy the ride with the friends you make in this world... Share every moment of sadness, laughter and love with them, because you never know whats around the next bend of the rollarcoaster in this thing we call life.......



Until next time...

One Love, One Life.... X

1 comment: