Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fall at your feet....


One of the truest quotes on the planet would have to be 'We always want what we can't have'....

Temptation: Its a killer.... What is it about something that we can't have that makes us want it more?? Now me being me, I've been observing again... Yes, I will say that this blog is a little about me, but in general it's an all round result of conversations I've had lately with numerous friends dealing with 'old flames'...

'Lets give it another try'? What am I refering too? Exes of course... Now I myself am not a fan of giving out second chances... If I've been with a person and they do me wrong, generally I will leave and never come back, but thats just me... But... There HAVE Been instances where you get the urge to.. Lets say... 'See how that person is, or... 'I wonder'.. or 'What if'....? These are the questions that trick our minds into believing that something may still be there between you and an old flame.... Don't get me wrong though, in some instances it could work out, but the question you gotta ask yourself if your planning on having another 'chop', is, 'what if it DOESN'T work out, would you really wanna go through it all again????

What chemical imbalance goes on in our heads that we as people will always feel the temptation to run back to the things we know instead of moving on? I guess it's human nature to find security in the ones that we're most comfortable with, but at what cost? Do we really think that they're aren't others out there for us, and that we can't do any better, or does is simply come back to 'we miss having that person in our lives'....?

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing, I think thats why alot of us still have hope for the usually hopeless... The thing is, when you remember all the good times you had with that person and start to wonder if it could ever be again, you also must remember the bad, and why it went wrong in the first place... All those feelings of sadness and anger that usually come from a break up, should eliminate any desire you had to 'give it another go'...

Now I don't want to crush all the lovers out there, or the ones that have any ounce of romance in them, but in my experience, people will always come and go in your life... Everyone we meet comes into our lives for a reason and leaves for another, it's about accepting that all good things must come to an end, and if it's meant to be, then it will be...

Until then, drink laugh and grow, and if possible, pash a random the next time you're out, I guarantee it will make you feel a little better about moving on :)



One Love, One Life.... X

No comments:

Post a Comment