Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To Maroubra and Beyond!!!


3Ltrs of Peach Ice Tea and Vodka, $100 on cab rides in one night, sore feet, and Acoustic jam sessions at 2am..... WOW, just another weekend in Sydney...

First of all, I have to give Kudo's to a beautiful location that is Maroubra Beach... Being a country girl, the only thing I've ever remotely known of Maroubra beach is that it has 'Bra Boys'... For those that don't know what a Bra Boy is, check out the video posted on this blog for more info...

So slightly hung over from the 3Ltrs of Peach Ice Tea and Vodka, a bad night of clubbing, ratty hair and smokey mascara eyes, I jumped on the 376 bus on a Sunday morning with my girl Kodie Bedford for my first trip out to one of Sydney's southern beaches, Maroubra Beach... At the Pavilion Cafe sat three black women, One in TV (Kodie), one in Radio (me) and one in Print Media (The Fabulous Anita Heiss), overlooking a magnificant view of sand, surf and 6 packs (and a few old men in budgie smugglers, not so magnificant)....

Scrambled eggs with wild mushrooms, and a cappuccino later, I couldn't help but take in the view and company and think, life is great (dispite this hangover)... Considering the shitty night of clubbing I had the night before, my trip out to Maroubra Beach was just what I needed to restore my faith in Sydney.... Oh and in case your wondering, I did see three genuine bra boys, and yes, I probably will marry one.... HOT DIGGITY DAYUM!!!

A quick shout out to the community of La Perouse... I'd heard so many stories and have met a few good looking sorts from there (LOL), I was grateful to finally take a short and well lived visit to the township. I envy all those black fullas who have million dollar views on a housing commission budget... Truely a breath taking place, rich in cultural history. Thank you to our hilerious sister Anita for being our deadly tour guide.

8 months into living in Sydney and I still have daily adventures.... My next adventure will be the Koori Knockout Carnival on October long weekend... Stay tuned for more details ;) Until next time, 'Thats how we do in the desert' (Bra Boys movie quote lol)...

One Love, One Life....

No comments:

Post a Comment