Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Black girl in Golburn- Day 2

Golburn, day 2....

So before I say anything else.... Golburn, what in the f**k is it with you and church bells sounding every hour, even at 6am?? GOSHHH!!!

So after a rocky wake up, I got ready and took to the bustling (no not really) streets of Golburn to find my work place for the week, Radio 2GN, and Eagle Fm...

It was about 10 degrees this morning and me being 'sydney' these days, forgot to pack a pair of tights... Lucky the radio station is about a 45min walk from my motel. On the way, I passed some lovely old chaps who said, 'Good morning' with a rosey smile... This put me in a good mood until I started getting lost....

Yes thats right, I got lost in a country town... shame on me.... After cuttin up a few suburban streets, I found the radio station and settled in for the day.

Although there wasn't alot for me to do today, the team made me feel at home and promised me some air time later this week, so I'm looking forward to working along side the town's two broadcasters....

Besides that, I'm settled in for another cold night, alone in this 80's style motel room.... For some reason they have a mural on the wall of a sea side town.... Why they have this on the wall in a town which is no where near the ocean, I don't know....




On another note, I'm yet to see a black face in this town... Am I the only black girl in Golburn? Cant be?!.... Tomorrow I will go blackfulla hunting in search of some Koori's.... Till then, I'm off to catch some ZZZ's before tomorrow....

One Love, One Life....xo

1 comment:

  1. There's heaps of black faces in my town Carls! And red necks... heheheee Just jokes, it's cool in Kal.

    ReplyDelete