Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A black girl in Golburn- Day 3


It's the little things that make up a country town... Like the parks that no one sits in.. The uneven footpaths, those holden utes done up with spotlights, the Go Low store, the 100 year old pet shop, rough looking tradies and watching the same cars drive up and down the main street doing lappies.

Golburn, day 3... This morning it was about 7 degrees and before I reached the radio station,I literally couldn't feel my toes... I headed into the radio station to begin my second day of work experience with numb toes and fingers and was keen to get my head around the new system...

I did my first voice over today (which i stuffed up several times) for 'Miss Country Australia'.... I think this might be similar to the 'Maze Festival' in Atherton. (For those that don't know, my country hick town holds an event every year entitled 'The Maze Fest', where people submit a float in the parade and on those floats sits an entrant for 'Maze Queen'... These contestants are usually the popular year 12 girls from Atherton High... Its all very American and Crap... But its tradition and a good laugh)... Doing that voice over for 'Miss Country Girl' took me straight back to my country memories...

Anyways, moving on... So after my failure in voice over (despite the fact that I got a destinction in voice over this year in my graduate diploma of radio course), I mucked around with the stations incredibly bad editing system (explained to me how crap it is by the stations broadcasters/production managers) but it was fun to be doing something instead of sitting around like yesterday...

The time didn't go as slow today and before the afternoon was out, I found myself behind the seat of 'Eagle Fm's' panel voice tracking (pre-recording talk breaks)...

I've been told that I'm on air tommorrow from 9am-12pm, so I've got a few voice breaks to write up tonight... Should be interesting...I've been told that I'm gonna be the first female voice on Eagle FM in over 10 or so years, so either way they should be happy to hear me on air LOL


In my previous blog, I mentioned I was gonna be on the hunt for Black faces in this town. I'm yet to see one, but I was told today, that apparently the Program Director at the radio station I'm at is a Koori.... He's away on holidays till next monday... Sounds like an urban legend if you ask me... I wanna see at least one black face before I leave this town or I will label it a G-UP of a town forever...

I won't give up the hunt...

Till tomorrow....

One Love, One Life.... XX

No comments:

Post a Comment