Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Black girl in Goulburn- Day 4



So apparently up until today, I've been spelling Goulburn as 'Golburn'.... Oh well.... Moving on.....

Day 4 in Goulburn and I have some good news to report... I FOUND A KOORI... Yep, not an urban myth in this town after all. Out of all the Koori's to walk through the radio station today, 'Gavin Jones', the CEO Of VIBE Australia (organiser of the deadly awards, vibe alive, vibe magazine, deadly sounds and vibe 3 on 3) came walking through.

He and two others, Michael an ex NIDA Student and a producer who's name I've forgotten were there for a few hours doing a voice over for a new series of short doco's.... They needed the studio to record the voice overs... I just thought it was weird that all this week I was on the search for a black face in this town, and until today, I hadn't seen one... Funny thing was, I was only talking about the deadly awards to one of the broadcasters an hour before Gavin walked in...It was great to sit and yarn with him. I think I was just excited to be around blackfullas...

Goulburn are about to experience their first Vibe 3 on 3 challenge in a few weeks, Something I think the town will benefit from... Bit of culture never hurt anyone I say... The producer who was with Gavin was especially interesting. He's been a film and television producer for over 30 years and has produced many programs like 'Missing persons unit, to ABC series Gardening australia AND He was an ex AFTRS Student. Small world... Chatting with him was that interesting that I wish I could've had a flash mic handy to record what he was saying.. Definately an inspirational guy.

On top of an exciting afternoon of visitors and a ham sanga for lunch with yogurt, I did my first on air shift today on Eagle Fm... Basic music presenting plugging just about every business in town, but thats the nature of commercial radio I guess... Although I didn't feel like I had a good shift today, I'm grateful to be learning a new style. The staff meeting where the boss said, 'Give us a 30 second sell of yourself' was interesting as well today. I was my fabulous hilerious self, and everybody laughed.. (well I like to think they did, i think i had a black out mid speech. Kidding)...

Besides all of that, it's another lonely night in Golburn, sorry I mean GOULBURN... Thinking about doing assignments or eating biscuits with tea and facebooking.... I already know the outcome... Until tomorrow...

One Love, One Life....

No comments:

Post a Comment