Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Black girl's final day in Goulburn- Day 6


When I arrived in Goulburn 6 days ago, I was slack, tired and really not motivated. After nearly a week in this sunny town, I'm ready to say goodbye.

Today was my last day at Eagle Fm... I think I had a better shift then my previous days on air and am quite sad to leave. Through out the week, it's been great getting to know a small, yet tight team of people at 2GN and Eagle.

A town built on farming and a lack of water, the radio station (whether they know it or not) breaths life into the community and they're great at what they do.

One thing I am disappointed in, is that while I was here I didn't get to see the huge Ram's ball's that my lecturer kindly told me about before I came here.. This place is famous for its 'Goulburn valley fruits and it's huge ram (and its huge ram's balls) and I didn't get to see either... Oh well, I'm sure this isn't the last that Goulburn has seen of me....

To 'Guy My', Breaky presenter and all round nice guy... Thankful for your patience and help throughout the week. You've been more than helpful and really took me under your wing from the first day, so thank you.

And to Ryan you dirty Victorian... Cheers to you for the same. I look forward to keeping in contact with the both of you... If your ever in Sydney, look me up, a round of drinks are on me (if you can keep up)

And to Goulburn. I have one more night in you (that sounds rude... hehe), but thanks for the hospitality. I'll leave here tomorrow with a new appreciation for commercial regional radio ..... So what now??

To Sydney..... And beyond thats what....


One Love, One Life....

No comments:

Post a Comment