Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Motherhood and me, Never to be!!


As I write this entry, I'm currently watching nick Jrn with my 4 year old neice Eden, sweating it out on the couch.. Welcome back to North Queensland.... After nearly 4 months away from home, It feels good to be back...The weather is punishing for someone whos now climatised to the cool Sydney weather, but to be back with my family, makes up for it all...

Coming back to queensland yesterday was almost torture.. Anyone that knows me, knows that I hate flying at the best of times.. I hate being confined to a seat with nothing else to do but to listen to my i-pod and wait it out....

Yesterdays flight was nothing short of painful.. Hung over from a night of drinking on the cliffs of maroubra with my girls, I walked through the plane to find my seat... 14F, here I am, and then...... HHHHHMMMM, A child... a small child of 3 years old is sitting next to me...

'Sam' as his mother affectionately called him... I called him, 'little naughty brat' (in my head of course).... Don't get me wrong, he was cute to start with, playing quietly with his cars, until his mum put his seat belt on, then the screaming began...

'I WANT PENCILS, I WANT PENCILS'... OH.. MY... GOODDD'.... That was just the first screaming match between 'sam' and his Italian mother. The worst part of it all was her ability to bow down to her child... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but when I was growing up, my mother didn't baby me and say 'oh baby, i'll give you pencils and your bottle as soon as we go up in the air, shh now baby, shh now'... PPPFTTT, here's something my mother would've said to me as a child in that situation:

*says under her breath close to my ear*
.... "You better shut up or else your gonna get flogged".....

True story... The worst part about it all was the mothers attitude.. She left sam to sit up by himself to watch 'diago and dora', and as she slept, he would kick my feet with his mini nike sneakers... As I sat on that 3 hour flight to Cairns from Sydney listening to this whinging child (over my i-pod), it cemented in my brain my decision to never want children.

Alot of people say, 'carly, you will change your mind and will want children', but I really don't think that that will ever be the case... Every time I'm around children, I quiver at the thought of having to deal with the stresses of it all, and not to mention the expense. I'm 26 in April next year, and have goals of having a successful career, making money and living my life from one day to the next. I couldn't fathem the thought of being responsible for someone else besides myself, and some may say that it's selfish, but after my journey to Queensland with little italian 'Sam' yesterday, I'd say not bringing a child into this world anytime soon would be the most responsible thing I could do in my life so far.

Speaking of being responsible... I better go clean my neice up... She found the 'Vicks vapour rub' and decided to smear it on her clothes, bed and toys.... *sigh*.... Until next time, wear a condom and drink hard...

One love, One Life X

No comments:

Post a Comment