Opinions of a murri woman...

Opinions of a murri woman...

Saturday, October 8, 2011

An Ageless situation.....


I can’t say that the dating game is getting any easier. I thought by the time I was 26, there would’ve been some guy who had of stepped up and wanted the responsibility and challenge of someone like me, and don’t get me wrong, there have been contenders, but none that could last all rounds.

Here lies one of the problems with being single at my age; the selection of men who you have to chose from. In North Queensland alone, it’s safe to say that most people have their first child before the age of 25, I on the other have never had the desire for children. Flash forward a few years and I still have contenders, but the problem is, they are all younger than me.

It seems that all males my age or older have disappeared into ‘marriage land’ or if single, have major commitment problems or a thousand kids to different woman. I may seem like I’m exaggerating but I can honestly say, the guys I know my age or older have those issues or are in the dreaded ‘friends zone’. Younger guys can be fun, but fun is all they can offer me if we’re being completely honest. I guess I’m at the age where I like to have someone who will challenge me, someone who can look after themselves and not want to tie me down with their ‘I’m the provider’ bullshit. The thing is, I’ve been independent for a long time, the last thing I need is to be smothered or settle for a half done ‘prince’... It’s a fine line.

After the honeymoon stage is over, after the warm and fuzzy feelings start to fade, the phone calls dwindle to once a week and all the ‘I love and miss you’s’ have been said, your left with someone who is on a completely different level. When you watch Q&A and they still watch ‘Family guy’ religiously, that’s when the ‘age difference’ shows itself. I could quite easily keep messing with men younger than myself, or I could wait for someone who is single, without child, mature and intelligent. The problem is, the ratio of younger, un-relateable men is much higher to single, without child, mature, intelligent men. We’re not talking rocket science here, it’s as plain and simple as this; a 26 year old female isn’t on the same level as a 23 or 21 year old guy. Anyone can be successful on a physical level with someone else when it comes to age, but intellectually and socially, it’s not always going to be a winning situation.

So, anyone got a solution for this predicament? Here’s mine; celibacy and staying single... YAY Fun..... As for the younger men who like to think they are ready for a woman like me, here’s a tip..... You’re on lay by for now, but until then, please leave me the f*ck alone... Many thanks...

Signed...

-Woman who does not wish to be messed with at this moment in time-

1 comment:

  1. Yeww, we're in the same boat! Just don't turn lesbo in your next post, or I'm un-subscribing. Rofl. Nah this is good, it's like we're all in the grandstands on a journey with you in YOUR life; Waiting to see you get your first kiss. Ayy! Hahaha.. nah you're deadly. Keep blogging, CJay! xo

    ReplyDelete